- AIA cancels remainder of high school athletics
ARIZONA — Gov. Doug Ducey announced March 30 the cessation of all on-campus learning at the state’s schools through the ...
- AIA hopeful for spring championship athletic season, no cancellations or postponents yet
PHOENIX — Despite the two-week suspension of Arizona public schools because of the coronavirus outbreak, the Arizona Interscholastic Association Board ...
- A passion for the game: Catheryn Redmond takes Grand Canyon Phantoms to state
From the moment she stepped on the court Redmond told the Phantoms to have a winning attitude.
- WHS law enforcement students compete at SkillsUSA
On Feb. 28, Williams High School forensic science/law enforcement students competed at the SkillsUSA competition at Glendale Community College.
- Vikings rack up regional awards for basketball
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) has announced the 1A Central Region awards for basketball.
- Grand Canyon Track and Field take over Skydome meet
Junior Alana Keebahe not only broke the school record for shot put but also placed first in the meet.
- Lady Phantoms honored with 1A Central Region awards
Topping the list, Phantom senior Cayli Miles was selected as the 1A Central Region Player of the Year.
- Williams High School baseball and softball schedule
Williams High School baseball and softball schedule
- Lady Vikings stopped by Rock Point at State tourney
WILLIAMs, Ariz. — The 2019-2020 Williams Vikings girls basketball team closed out the season with a tough 64-42 loss to ...
- Phantoms make history with semi-finals showing at state tourney
The Grand Canyon Phantoms girls basketball team caused a major upset at the 1A State Championship tournament at Finlay Toyota ...
- Phantoms Middle School: Boys compete at I-40 League tournament
The Grand Canyon Middle School Phantoms lost to Peach Springs in the A Tournament Feb. 21 in Ash Fork.
- Lady Vikings advance in state tourney
WILLIAMS, Ariz. – The No. 7 Williams Vikings girls basketball team continued their winning ways with an easy 46-28 win ...
- Hard at work: City, school and volunteers come together to upgrade field
The Williams High School softball field received some much needed infield work Feb. 13.
- Williams youth soccer signups have begun
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Youth ages four to 18 are encouraged to sign up for the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) ...
- Lady Phantoms compete in regional tournament, defeat Joseph City
The Grand Canyon Lady Phantoms basketball teams competed in the 1A Central Region tournament Feb. 6-7.
- Vikings take title at regional tournament
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The Williams Vikings boys basketball team (16-13, 10-3) powered through two tough games to claim the title ...
- Vikings basketball teams begin regional tournament (see schedule)
The Vikings basketball teams head into regional tournament play beginning tonight.
- Mortensen pulls in 38 points in win over third ranked St. Michael
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — A combined effort of sharp shooting and a strong defense toppled third-ranked St. Michael Jan. 29, as ...
- AIA announces conference placements; football sees new performance formula
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — After addressing appeals, the Arizona Interscholastic Association announced Jan. 22 conference placements for the 2020-2021 season, with ...
- Grand Canyon Phantoms celebrate homecoming, victories
Grand Canyon School's gym was packed Feb. 1 as the Phantom's faced the Mayer Wildcats in homecoming basketball games.
- Lady Vikings take easy win over Joseph City Jan. 28
The Williams Vikings girls basketball team faced Joseph City Jan. 24 at home.
- Grand Canyon Basketball: Phantoms take on Joseph City Jan. 14
The Grand Canyon Phantoms lost to Joseph CIty 75-49, Jan. 14.
- Lady Phantoms fall to Mogollon Mustangs, 59-54
The Grand Canyon Lady Phantoms lost in overtime, Jan. 25 to Mogollon, 54-59. The close score kept tension high throughout ...
- Player recognition: Vikings make AIA All-Conference football teams
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Several Vikings were honored for outstanding play in the 2019 football season by being selected to the ...
- Vikings make it four-in-a-row with win over Mayer
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The Vikings cagers made it four-in-a-row with a dominating 74-32 win over the Mayer Wildcats Jan. 18.