- Archaeology Month: Williams railroad history presentation March 20
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Kaibab National Forest continues to celebrate Archaeology Month with evening programs and hikes in the Williams area.
- Northern Arizona Astronomy: astronomical observing, comparing the camera and the eye
As with any science, astronomers must be knowledgeable of the equipment they are using.
- Preserving the past: Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona celebrates 32 years
The Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona celebrates its 32nd anniversary on the Mother Road this year. The non-profit organization ...
- Kids got talent: WEMS hosts talent show
Williams Elementary-Middle School held a talent show Feb. 28. Students performed skits, danced, sang, played instruments and more.
- St. John's Episcopal-Lutheran Church begins Lenten soup and movie series
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — St. John’s Episcopal-Lutheran Church in Williams invites the public to share a homemade soup dinner with a ...
- Abuse workshop seeks to support victims of violence
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Abuse does not discriminate. Men, women, children, rich or poor, young or old, there is no one ...
- Shutdown won't stop it: Grand Canyon celebrates 100 years Native style
This is the year to GO GRAND as the National Park Service celebrates the Grand Canyon National Park’s centennial.
- Young Life Steak Dinner and Auction March 3
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Williams Young Life is selling tickets and accepting donations for the 14th annual Steak Dinner and Auction ...
- Home Town Hero street signs honor local veterans
The Matthew James Broehm VFW Auxiliary Post 12128 has completed its Home Town Heroes street sign community project.
- Living a bullrider’s dream: Williams' Wyatt Kraft competes in Las Vegas
Every kid has a dream. Riding bulls and competing in rodeos is Wyatt Kraft’s dream.
- The Iron Horse once again gallops to the Grand Canyon
One place where romantics, rail enthusiasts and younger generations can learn, hear, see, smell and feel the majesty of the ...
- Bearizona residents get a taste of Valentine’s Day
Animals at Bearizona Wildlife Park celebrated Valentine’s Day with some tasty enrichment snacks Feb. 14.
- Valentine treats for a dog cause
Volunteers raising money for the SAVE-MTR animal shelter sold baked goods Feb. 14 at Old Trails True Value in Williams.
- Locals instill 'Love of Reading' in Heritage Elementary Students
Local community members helped instill a love of reading in Heritage Elementary students Feb. 13.
- Bald eagle web cam captures real-time drama of survival
Bald eagles are nesting at Lake Pleasant north of Phoenix, and thanks to the Arizona Game & Fish Department, you ...
- Apollo moon-walking astronaut to launch Flagstaff Science Festival
Apollo 16 Lunar Module Pilot General Charlie Duke, is launching the 30th annual Flagstaff Festival of Science To the Moon ...
- Engine No. 3 arrives in Williams to be displayed at future State Railroad Museum
The newest acquisition for the Arizona State Railroad Museum (ASRM) arrived in Williams early on the morning of Jan. 31.
- Cookie time: Local girl scout troops begin annual cookie sale
Local girl scouts can be seen around Williams visiting with return customers and soliciting new ones as they sell Girl ...
- Rep. O'Halleran visits Williams, tours sawmills and meets with city leaders
Williams Public Library has some interesting new additions to its shelves after Rep. Tom O'Halleran hand delivered a collection of ...
- Business beat: Bill Miller joins forces with Banker's Real Estate
Miller said joining Banker's Real Estate allows him to have more free-time and experience semi-retirement.
- ‘The Olympics of bull riding’ has its first All-Native American team
There’s a first for everything.
- Northern Arizona astronomy: Where do meteorites come from?
In the past, Earth has been bombarded by large meteorites, some having caused world-wide impact to the ecosystem.
- CCC receives $1 mil grant for construction technology program
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Thanks to a $1 million grant awarded last week from the Del E. Webb Foundation, Coconino Community ...
- Digital license plates now available as option in Arizona
PHOENIX – Technology buffs have a new Arizona license plate option available to them with the introduction of electronic digital ...